This WATERMELON SALSA is the greatest thing to meet a tortilla chip since the invention of guacamole.
This SIMPLE, scrumptious summer treat is satisfying all on its own too- just dish some into a bowl and eat with your favorite utensil. I’ve also been known to puree this concoction into a chilled summer soup! It offers just the right balance of flavors to satisfy a sophisticated palate, as well as promotes cooling -perfect on a hot summer day!
- 1 medium, seedless-watermelon, cubed into bite-sized pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 can of black beans (search for BPA-free cans), rinsed
- 1-bunch of mint, minced (say THAT 3 times fast!).
- 2-3 jalapeños (to preference), diced
- Combine fresh ingredients into a large bowl and gently fold together.
- If time permits , I recommend allowing the flavors time to meld (about 10 minutes) before serving.
- Drain extra watermelon liquid every 20 minutes or so to stay crisp.
- Serve COLD and with your favorite corn chip or in a bowl.
Does not ‘keep’ well, I suggest making only in portions that you will consume THAT day.