This may be one of the most interesting soup combinations I’ve thrown together! I had a fully-baked butternut squash to use, but I wanted something NEW to combine with it-when I noticed the gorgeous dehydrated tomatoes and fresh garlic from our friends at FRUX FARMS, I knew I had a winning idea!
Remember to take caution when using a ‘bullet’ type blender to puree hot liquids, as they expand and could ‘explode’. Only fill the blender about 75% to capacity with each blend.
Enjoy your healthy, warming, fall soup with family or friends…or portion leftovers for later use! Freezes well.
- 4 cups of baked, cooled, diced butternut or heirloom squash
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2-3 cups of water to dilute soup to preference
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 Tablespoons of falafel seasoning or 'poultry' seasonings, dried herb blend of choice
- 1/4 TB turmeric
- 1/2 cup sun-dried/dehydrated tomatoes , sliced or chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of green za'atar
- 1/2 tsp. iodized salt
- 1/2 tsp.black pepper
- 1/2 cup of salsa (your preference)
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped assorted greens (I used baby kale and arugula)
- Blend all ingredients EXCEPT sun-dried/dehydrated tomatoes until smoothly pureed in a blender
- Fold in dehydrated tomatoes and warm all soup in a saucepan, adding water as desired for consistency and stirring regularly- or, microwave carefully until warmed