I will list the ingredients I used in this photo, but please adjust to use up what you have on hand! This all vegan, oil-free baked zucchini recipe features: minced garlic, roughly sliced white onion, mushroom, spinach, two sliced okra that I grabbed from the garden, my favorite Asian market staple (Sweet Chili Sauce), fresh herbs from the garden: chives, thyme, oregano, and homemade cashew cheese (see our recipe).
- large zucchini
- 1 garlic clove, minced, or 1-TBSP jarred
- 1 medium white onion, sliced or diced
- mushroom (about 1/2 c. diced)
- spinach (1/2 cup)
- okra (any number, 2 here)
- fresh herb variety, as shown: 5 chives, 1 TB thyme, 1 TB oregano
- cashews processed dry with garlic as 'cheese' (see recipe)
- sweet chili sauce (can be made without)
- Wash and slice lengthwise.
- Scrape center of zucchini (set aside to blend with veggies or bake separately/add to soups, chilis...).
- Fill with above blended veggies ( minus sauce) and sprinkle with cashew cheese ( can also be added just before serving).
- I baked ours in our little toaster oven at 425 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Then allowed 5 minutes to rest and drizzled with coconut mango sauce. Divine!