A trip to Italy may not be feasible today, but in under 15 minutes time, you can imagine yourself there while consuming this amazing bursting-with-nutrients Puttanesca variation, shown here with ‘zoodles’ (zucchini noodles).
I have a simple $5 hand-noodling tool for vegetables, which makes this a simple prep. However; this recipe atop spaghetti squash (better when cooked, so removing that raw factor) works well too.
I began by plating our home-grown zucchini noodles (about 1 cup worth for each).
- 1 cup of zucchini noodles for each consumer.
- 1 yellow-or any color bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño , optional, sliced
- Puttanesca Sauce, one cup per consumer- see our recipe at bottom of this post for make-your-own sauce.
- Dice at 2 cups of tomatoes, retaining juice and pour into a bowl.
- Add 1-2 finely torn leaves of basil.
- Add about one dozen pitted green olives, finely sliced.
- Mix in 2 teaspoons of capers.
- Stir in 1 tsp of garlic, minced.
- Sprinkle with one tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Mash together and serve.
Keeps refrigerated for about 3 days.