FAST PARTY FOOD!
This delicious appetizer is simple to prepare and less than 20 minutes hands-on.
- 1 tube of prepared polenta, sliced 1/4 " thick
- homemade or store bought hummus or white bean spread
- 6-12 mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 3-4 green onions, washed and sliced
- sun-dried tomatoes, sliced or torn
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F
- Layer on baking sheet:
- Place polenta slices onto pan (I did not grease)
- Layer with hummus, mushroom, green onion (hold sun-dried tomatoes until after baking, as they tend to dry out too much)
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until mushrooms brown and polenta darkens (THESE CAKES WILL STAY SOFT AND FLEXIBLE!)
- Remove and allow to cool
- Top each with sun-dried tomato
Polenta cakes are also incredibly delicious served warm!