I realize there are not many ways to mess up a potato. However, the enhancing aromatic blend of this recipe sends these little beauties from side dish to star-of-the-show! DELICIOUS and 5 minutes hands-on! Let them roast for about one hour.
- as many small roasting potatoes as you choose, about 5-7 per person is a fair side-dish number. Wash them gently, leaving skins intact.
- 1-2 Tablespoon(s) dried dill
- 1-2 TB high quality olive oil (I used Palmaz Vineyards)
- a sprinkle of iodized salt
- a sprinkle of black pepper
- 1-2 red onions (any onion color will do, but the red is a lovely, sweet accent)
- 1-2 TB fresh ground horseradish (warning: many people do not realize 'prepared' horseradish contains egg product! Careful.)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F
- Place washed potatoes in baking dish
- Drizzle with olive oil, dill, salt and pepper
- Place sliced onion over potatoes
- Bake for approximately 55 minutes, or until skin has crisped and insides are soft
- Serve with horseradish (I blended additional dill into ours)