This tasty balance finishes with just a touch of spice over the delicate deliciousness of a textured sweet corn pie!
One bowl to mix and one pie plate for baking means fast preparation with minimal hands-on time, as well as easy clean-up.
We add chia to MOST of our baked goods and this dish is no exception. Chia adds iron, calcium, a mega dose of fiber, brain-boosting omega-3 fatty acids, and a pleasing crunch, too!
Corn cake makes an excellent dish to bring to a gathering of friends and family. It travels well and, once cooled and sliced into individual servings, this corn cake even freezes well for later treats!
- One package of prepared corn bread mix OR (1.5 Cups corn meal, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 TB coconut oil-stirred until smooth)
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut (I used unsweetened, feel free to use either unsweetened or sweetened)
- 1 small (8 oz.) can of creamed corn
- 1 regular (14.5) oz. can of sweet corn
- 1 poblano chili, diced
- 1 TB chia seeds
- about 1/2 - 1 cup of room temperature water
- a tiny amount of coconut oil, just to 'grease' the pie plate
- Grease pie plate or baking dish with a very fine layer of coconut oil
- In a separate bowl, blend all other ingredients except water
- Once blended, add water in small amounts until mixture is cake-batter consistency
- Pour into baking dish and bake until toothpick comes out clean in center of cake-approximately one hour
- Begin checking at 45 minutes, as baking times can vary based on elevation and oven
Look for cake batter consistency, like pictured here in the center, when adding water.
Up close and personal. What a pretty blend of textures, flavors, and colors. Yum!