An easy, refreshing, tasty appetizer exists! This nutrient-dense snack food is always a hit. Feel free to replace white beans with chickpeas, hummus style; or, blend the two for variety!
- 1 can of white beans, thoroughly rinsed.
- 1 jar of pitted olives. I used kalamata.
- 4 TB of sun-dried tomatoes (look for preservative/sulfite-free, if sensitive)
- 2-3 TB of pine nuts
- 2-3 English Cucumbers, washed and sliced at an angle (approximately 1/4 inch thick each)
- 'Fancy' toothpicks
- 2 TB tahini or ground sesame seeds (Za'atar works REALLY well for this recipe!)
- 1/4-1/2 c water, to dilute as desired
- In processor or 'bullet' blender, combine beans, 1/4 cup water, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, tahini (or za'atar-this may require a bit more water), and blend until smooth
- Add water as desired, if too thick for your liking
- You want the blend to be thick enough not to drip over edges of cucumber slices.
- Spread mix onto freshly sliced cucumbers and place an olive and a toothpick onto each slice (for stability).