Simple, satisfying, refreshing corn salad makes the perfect dish to bring to a picnic; or enjoy as a topping to almost any Mexican food dish you make, such as tacos, nachos, enchiladas, or burritos. It’s a flavorful burst that offers antioxidants, vitamin C, iron, and Vitamin A. Eat well without skimping on taste!
- 2 Cups diced/ sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 can of non-GMO corn, drained
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 1 dozen cherry tomatoes , diced OR two large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup of mixed greens (spinach is nice here)
- 1 can of bean of choice , or 1 TB of hemp hearts is optional for additional protein
- 2 whole avocados (out of skins), diced
- salt and pepper to taste ( about 1 tsp each)
- optional 'dressing' would be to combine a drizzle of olive oil and vinegar
- Gently combine all ingredients into a bowl, allowing about 10-15 minutes to meld flavors before serving
I do not generally serve with any dressing, but as noted in ingredients list, a drizzle of vinegar would amplify flavor, aid breakdown for digestion, and the olive oil helps you to absorb any fat-soluble vitamins.
This dish is best served chilled.