THIS IS A MEGA-FAST MEAL TO PREPARE! It’s visually stunning and encourages little ones to eat their fruits and veggies!
AS ALWAYS- PREPARE IN PORTIONS TO FEED YOUR CROWD AND PREFERENCES! Add more or less of an item to use what’s on hand to minimize waste.
- Black rice ( prepare according to package directions, or blend a small amount into white rice to appear purple-great for themed kids parties!)
- pineapple (preferably fresh, as opposed to canned) +plus about 1/4 cup of pineapple juice
- snap or snow peas (about 15)
- spinach about 1 c.
- about 1 tsp. of olive oil
- any onion you have -I prefer one yellow here
- green onion
- edible flowers
- cilantro (1/4 bunch)
- Prepare rice according to package directions
- In a sauté pan, heat approximately 1 tsp. olive oil (can be steamed with water, if you are oil-free)
- Over high heat and add onion, bell peppers, snap/snow peas, and spinach.
- Stir veggies sporadically, until softened and slightly caramelized.
- While veggies are softening, slice pineapple and green onion into spears.
- Once items are cooked to preferred softness (I like to keep a bit of crunchy texture to them, so approximately 8-10 minutes cook time), plate next to or over rice and garnish with green onion, cilantro, pineapple spears, and edible flowers.
- Drizzle tiny splashes of fresh pineapple juice over entire dish. Enjoy!